M.S.D. ANNOUNCES BAD WEATHER PROCEDURES
The School Board and administration of M.S.D. of Warren County, wish to inform all persons concerned with school closings of the following information:
Schools are closed or delayed as a result of discussion between School Board Members, Superintendent, and Assistant Superintendent of Schools. Designated areas in our school district are driven to assess the exact conditions of roads to be traveled by students, families, and school buses. The County Highway Director and Sheriff are also consulted. An attempt will be made to announce a delay or closing by 6:00 a.m. on all mornings in question.
SCHOOLS HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO TEXT MESSAGE DELAYS OR CLOSINGS. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SCHOOL TO ENLIST IN THIS SERVICE.
The following media, if available, are contacted when schools are closed:
- MSD Warren County Website www.msdwarco.k12.in.us
- Channel 18 - Lafayette
- Channel 10 - WTHI-Terre Haute
- Channel 2 - Terre Haute-WTWO/FOX 38 WFXW
- Channel 6 - Indianapolis-WRTV
- Channel 13 – Indianapolis
- Channel 3 – WCIA Champaign, IL
- Channel 8 – WISH TV Indianapolis
- Channel 59/4- FOX, CW4
- Radio Station WXIN 93.9- Indianapolis
- Radio Station WKZS 103.1/92.9 FM – Covington
- Radio Station WDAN 1490 AM/WDNL 102.1 FM/ WRHK 94.9 FM – Danville
- Radio Station WITY 980 AM – Danville
- Radio Station WAZY 96.5 FM – Lafayette
- Radio Group WKOA 105.3 FM/WASK 98.7 AM/FM/ WKHY FM/WXXB FM – Lafayette
- Radio Station WIBN 98.1 FM – Oxford
- Radio Station WBAA 101.3 920 AM Lafayette
Additional Information and Suggestions:
Bus drivers may not be able to travel down all roads due to safety concerns. Drivers normally call parents and ask that they meet the bus at the nearest safe intersection. Thank you for your assistance.
Students and parents are asked not to call school officials or the schools, but rather, listen to the news or consult web pages regarding school closings.
In case of emergency or loss of power, please dress children prepared for extremely cold weather.
In some instances school may be delayed 2 hours to allow the County Highway Department time to plow or to further assess the weather. Parents should make arrangements in advance for a “delayed start” being changed to “no school” so children will not be home unsupervised.
In the case of an “early dismissal” please be prepared with transportation arrangements and supervision.
The Board of Education would like to express their appreciation to the many people who have assisted our school buses when in need and a special thanks to the county highway for their excellent cooperation.