206 E Monroe StWilliamsport, IN 47993Phone: (765) 762-2500Fax: (765) 762-0371 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this summer has given you an opportunity to rest and relax and enjoy family time. It was nice to see many children playing sports or at the park. The beginning of school is rapidly approaching. I am extremely enthusiastic about starting another successful school year!
We are fortunate to add these new staff members to the team of professionals at WES. You can meet and greet them at Back to School Night!
1st grade Christi Snider
2nd grade Trisha Switzer
5th grade Paige Hardin
Spec. Edu. Jessica Fell
PE Kelli Taylor
Nurse Amber Jackson
Speech Kara Bird
For this school year, some of the grade level classrooms have changed throughout the building. Last year, the security system and foyer area was a change for everyone, but the adjustment went smoothly. Visitors arriving at the school will be buzzed into the building, enter into the office, check in, and then be buzzed into the school hallway (i.e. parents bringing birthday treats or visiting the classroom) I would like to thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility with the security system. The clear focus is promoting student safety and providing a safe environment for students to learn.
· Doors will open at 7:20 a.m. each morning. Students arriving before that time will need to report to the Homebase Room.
· To avoid traffic congestion and keep students safe, continue to drop students off in the west parking lot when you circle around to the sidewalk.
· The doors will be locked at the beginning of school and the buzzer system will be activated.
· Visitors will be asked to wear a visitors badge throughout the building.
· It is important that your child and his/her teacher is aware of where to go after school. Please communicate that with your child and his/her teacher in the assignment book or send a note.
· When making changes for your child’s dismissal destination, please notify the office as soon as possible so we can make proper arrangements.
· Parents/Guardians picking up students will not be allowed to enter the hallways. You are welcome to sit in the vestibule, which opens at 2:10.
· Dismissal is at 2:20. Students will be released to the parking lot where parents will be waiting. Thank you for your flexibility.
I am looking forward to this school year and building on the successes for the future.
Mrs. Kelly LaffoonWilliamsport Elementary has been named an 'A' school by the State of Indiana!